About the agency
About the Agency
A copy of the published
“O'zdavkinokompaniya” established in accordance with the decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, on the establishment of the governing cinema organization in Uzbekistan (“O'zdavkinokompaniya”) and the resolution of Cabinet of Ministers No. 224 of May 6, 1992, with the further development of the national arts of cinema.
According to the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers, the cinema company of the Republic of Uzbekistan identified in the management and coordination of the activities of companies operating in the territory of Uzbekistan in fields of creative production, film and video rentals.
Based on the decree (N-1427, April 29, 1996) of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan on the establishment of the state joint-stock company, in accordance with the Cabinet of Ministers resolution (N-247, July 12, 1996), “Uzbekkino” the State Joint-Stock Company was established, on the basis of “O'zdavkinokompaniya” and Uzbek Cinema Association of Uzbekistan.
Later, in 16th March, 2004 (Decree N-3407) of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan on improvement of management in the field of cinema, as well as to ensure the efficiency of the national and regional authorities in the field of cinematography, to increase film and video production and demonstration system in order to develop and strengthen the material-technical base, and based on the resolution (N-126; 17th March, 2004) of the Cabinet of Ministers, “Uzbekkino” National Agency of Uzbekistan was established.
The “Uzbekkino” the National Agency's main tasks are the following:
- the development of national culture and the art of cinema, taking into account the role and importance of the spiritual life of the community and raising the development of this sector on the basis of universal and national values;
- implementation of the state policy in the fields of the film arts and cinema;
- to the companies and movie studios working in the film industry, irrespective of their form of ownership, as well as the creative teams - to protect the interests of their businesses to support and create favorable conditions for the development of a competitive environment;
- to continue the high-class traditions of the art of cinema and educate young filmmakers in order to enrich and help them to realize their creative potential;
- to organize the functions of the State movies fund of the Republic of Uzbekistan on the basis of present-day requirements;
- to improve the film production and movie theatres through establishment various competitions and increase the level of technical equipment and film-video service to the public;
- to control copyright-protected movies and video products entering, using, leasing illegally into the territory of the Republic of Uzbekistan and take the necessary measures against the illegal distribution;
- to carry out an expert assessment of the use of import/export films and videos as well as set the rules and regulations using them in the Republic according with technical standards;
- Development of international cooperation in the field of cinema, bringing national films into the global market, the expansion of ties with foreign film producers and filmmakers and participate at international film festivals with national films.